Chinese poker is a tricky game and can be played with 2 to 4 players. Chinese poker is one of the popular games that are mostly played among the poker experts. Learn playing Chinese poker and get fun out of it. Here are few rules that make you understand the Chinese poker:
- Every player in the game is dealt 13 cards.
- From the 13 cards that are dealt, the player makes 3 sets; 2 sets containing 5 cards and one set containing 3 cards. One 5 card set is known as ‘back’ and the other 5 card set is called ‘middle’, where as the 3 card set is known as ‘the front’.
- For the player to make 3 sets, he or she has to follow few rules. The 5 card hand which is called back should have the highest hand. The 3 card hand which is called as front should have the smallest hand and by default, the 3 card set know as middle should be the middle hand. Straights and flushes are not counted in the 3 card set.
- Once the player takes the decision on the game, he places all the 3 sets with face-down in front of him; the 3 card set is placed a bit far, the 5 card set known as middle is placed in the middle and then the other 5 card set known as back is placed closer to him.
- Once all the players place their cards face down, then the players checks whose hand beats whose.
Here how the game goes tricky:
- In this game of Chinese poker, instead of playing with pots, the game is played with points. Each and every point, counts for the pre-decided amount.
- Instead of the winner taking the money, the players win the points from the players they beat. If the hands are equal, then it’s a tie. None of the player gets the points.
Keep the track of points that are won and lost on a piece of paper.